The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a star.
The Sun is a scorching and deadly star with a burning temperature of 5,778 K. The Sun is made up of hydrogen, helium and other elements.
There is a theory that The Sun will increase it size until it become a Red Giant in 4 Billion Years from Now, it will swallow Mercury, Venus, and possibly our home planet Earth, and Mars will be a scorching hot ball floating in Space after swallowing the 2 (possible 3) closest planets
- The Sun is 4.603 billion years ago!
- One million Earths could fit inside the Sun!
- At its centre the Sun reachs temperatures of 15 million C.
- The Sun is all the colours mixed together, this appears white to our eyes.
- The Sun contains 99.86% of the mass in the solar system.
- The Sun is 109 times wider than the Earth and 330,000 times as massive.
- The Sun is an almost a perfect sphere.
- The Sun is actually a White Dwarf